Garden Office – The building that really works
If you want a garden office designed to help you focus on your work and provide a calm and comfortable escape from your house all-year-round, you will find the complete service here.
InsideOut offices are architect-designed to ensure that you have the right office for you and your business. A design that compliments your home and garden.
Choosing a new office
Working from home, it’s easy to spend more waking hours in your office than your house. It makes sense to choose the best garden office you can afford to give yourself that vital division between home and work.
We know how important that division is and that the building you buy must be the right one for you and your work.
Effective and Efficient
There is more to a new office than four walls, a roof and a floor.
The building must work effectively for you.
An office designed by InsideOut doesn’t compromise on size or skimp on materials or insulation. Each architect-designed building is energy efficient and needs minimal heating.
It won’t need air conditioning in summer. It won’t increase your electricity bill because it will be correctly insulated. Summer or winter, hot or cold weather, you will to be comfortable in an office designed by InsideOut.
Is it possible to design a calm, comfortable environment?
A well designed office is essential for calm, comfortable working.
An InsideOut office design has:
- Double insulation that cuts out background noises.
- High ceilings that create a calm, comfortable space to spend time in.
- Zero-maintenance external finishes, so you can concentrate without worrying about whats going on around you.
Using an architect to design your garden office ensures a relaxing and reliable environment for thinking and working.
Adding more options
An InsideOut design is endlessly flexible and you can add many different features:
- Velux roof windows – For extra natural light.
- Plumbing – Add a toilet and shower if you want your office to double as a gym or guest room.
- Additional – Use your office for overflow living and include library space, the piano or a storage area.
- You can even add a wood burning stove.
Clear delineation between work and home
The Monsons moved to Devon and wanted a clear delineation between work and home, even though their house is quite large. They wanted to either be at home with the children or at work, not pulled in lots of different directions all at once.
They asked InsideOut to design an office with w.c. for their conservation area garden:
Our InsideOut office is a proper working environment and has allowed us to develop our growing business in a controlled and professional manner without encroaching on family space. The office has met and exceeded all our expectations. It is light and airy, warm in winter, cool in summer.
Naomi Monson, Director, Valuation Solutions Ltd.
You can buy peace of mind.
When moving business documents and valuable equipment into the garden, security is important.
InsideOut’s recommended specification includes:
Storm proof doors that close smoothly with a satisfying clunk – made from selected wood with a 10 year guarantee.
Windows with toughened, argon filled double glazing that is lightly tinted to reduce glare.
Insurance standard locks on all doors and windows for that essential peace of mind.
Strong, functional and eco-sensitive designs
Strong and functional: An InsideOut office is designed to be extremely strong structurally and to last as long as your house:
- Thick, structural walls that easily support book shelves.
- Hang anything from the ceiling or add a ceiling storage platform.
- Strong floors which don’t flex and do support full cupboards and heavy equipment.
Eco-sensitive: We think that eco-sensitive materials should always be used to build garden offices. In particular we recommend materials and woods that are sourced in the UK.
Designed with traditional materials
- Smoothly plastered walls that are easy to decorate and gentle to look at. A traditional plastered finish aids air tightness.
- The outside is cocooned with Scottish larch cladding and cedar roof tiles. The wonderful smell of new wood.
- Every joint and corner is carefully planed, fitted and finished – to create a building worth buying.
Why others chose an InsideOut design:
Phil’s office under a tree – Office in Sussex
James’s office next to the pigsty – Office in Oxford
Investing in a garden office for your business
If you want to build a garden office for your business, rather than renting, you may find our article about cost helpful.
Click here for your brochure / price guide
If you have any questions – please phone 01524 737999.