The Garden Buildings Guide to plumbing
Fitting a loo, shower room or kitchen area
Some garden office suppliers provide a plumbing service with their buildings, others don’t. Some provide a basic w.c. or kitchen area that you can’t vary. Others will install bespoke plumbing to suit you.
Make sure you know the complete price of the plumbing before you start. This will include:
- Fittings and fixtures e.g. w.c., wash basins, kitchen units, shower, taps, traps and drains.
- If you have want a sink or wash basin your quote should also include a water heater.
- Plumbing installation and delivery costs.
- The cost of getting a water supply to the office and drainage out.
- Will your building be lower than your drains? If it is you will need an external pump fitted to the drainage system.
Here are some plumbing options that you could include in your office:
- Sinks and drainage for painting and crafts.
- Sink or small kitchen area for people who want to make a cup of tea
- Loo and wash basin for people who want to separate work from home
- Shower rooms for guest rooms, therapy rooms and home gymnasiums
- An outside tap or a gardening sink for keen gardeners
Also, bear in mind that you will need to make a building regulations application to install a new drain and connect into the main drains – even if the rest of your building doesn’t have to meet building regulations.